Dear All,

Our toolshed tools include a custom display application.  Although the display
application is open source (
https://bitbucket.org/Andrew_Brock/proteomics-visualise ) we do not yet have a
public server for it.  Actually, at present it isn't possible to have the
application work properly if it is running on a completely separate server
because it needs access to galaxy's database/files directory (I'll leave that
for another question).  For now I just need to be able to provide a way for
administrators of a local galaxy to configure the url to this display
application.

At the moment we have it hard coded .. like this;

 <url
target_frame="galaxy_main">http://${galaxy_url.qp}:8500/init_local?file=${encoded_filename.qp}&amp;type=mzml</url>

Using the galaxy_url (because we are on the same server) .. and hard coding the
port.

What would be the best way to allow local admins to configure this?

Thanks
Ira