Hi Ira,

You'll want to set this up as a dynamic display application, where the link id,
name, url, port, etc are defined in an external tab-delimited file. Most of the
displays included in the dist are set up this way, one example would be the
display_applications/ucsc/bam.xml.

For an example where the external display application needs to access Galaxy's
datasets directly on a shared filesystem have a look at
display_applications/genetrack.xml.

Thanks for using Galaxy,

Dan