Hello,

We have an existing galaxy instance that uses MySQL, has workflows and data
libraries and countless changes to the source code and tools. We would like
to save the database, workflows and data libraries but bring all the
sourcecode up to date with the standard galaxy code. Because over 3000 of
our files have been changed, we do not believe that we can realistically
run hg update and then hg merge.

We have built a test instance of galaxy that runs on a different virtual
machine. One thought is to clone it, migrate all the datasets to it and
then use the clone as the new production instance.

One specific piece of information would be very helpful. Can we just copy
the ~/data files to the test instance and have galaxy recognize them or is
there metadata stored in the database?

-Rob