Hi,

The Extract GFF Features doesn't use dynamic options and I don't think that's
really the question here.

Let me give an example of something that I do. I have the user select a file
after which I, using dynamic_options, extract the column names and present
those to the user with a select input parameter. With the selected column name
I then present a new select input parameter with all the unique values of the
selected column.

To get this to work I am now using three pages since it is really dynamic, thus
after each parameter (that uses dynamic_options) I need to make a new page to
use the selected item, thus:

      <page>
          <param name="input_dataset" type="data" format="tabular, txt"
label="Input dataset" />
      </page>
      <page>
          <param name="colfilter" type="select" multiple="False" label="Select
Filtering Column"
                 dynamic_options="get_columns( input_dataset )" />
      </page>
      <page>
          <param name="filter_values" type="select" multiple="True"
label="Select Filtering Values"
                 dynamic_options="get_filter( input_dataset, colfilter, 2 )" />
      </page>

This works fine, however it requires three pages which is deprecated. The
documentation says 'use refresh_on_change' which is an undocumented feature
(please (please!!) fix this!) with no examples anywhere on how to replace
common <page> usage. So given above example (which is similar to what the
original requester asked), where to place the refresh_on_change option to get
it working?
I've of course tried to place it within both dynamic_option parameters but this
doesn't update the 'filter_values' parameter depending on the 'colfilter'
parameter..

Kind regards,

Marcel

  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/