On May 3, 2012, at 5:24 AM, Frank Sørensen wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> After the most recent 'hg pull -u' followed by 'hg merge', I get the
> following error in paster.log when I try to restart Galaxy:
>
> galaxy.tools.imp_exp DEBUG 2012-05-03 11:17:10,375 Loaded history export
> tool: __EXPORT_HISTORY__
> galaxy.tools.imp_exp DEBUG 2012-05-03 11:17:10,376 Loaded history import
> tool: __IMPORT_HISTORY__
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/bin/moma/galaxy/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/web/buildapp.py",
> line 82, in app_factory
>     app = UniverseApplication( global_conf = global_conf, **kwargs )
>   File "/usr/local/bin/moma/galaxy/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/app.py", line 129,
> in __init__
>     self.job_manager = manager.JobManager( self )
>   File "/usr/local/bin/moma/galaxy/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/jobs/manager.py",
> line 30, in __init__
>     if self.app.config.server_name in self.app.config.job_handlers:
> AttributeError: 'Configuration' object has no attribute 'server_name'
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Is there another way to update, when I don't want to loose my own changes -
> actually additions as in new tools ans tool xml-files?
>
> When I run 'hg merge' I get vim showing me a bunch of changed files. I don't
> actually know what to do with them, so I just exit vim by :q! until I've been
> through all the files.
>
> Any ideas?

Frank,

By interrupting the merge process of hg merge, you may have overwritten changes
from the upstream.  If you're not comfortable with vimdiff, you can try using
Mercurial's internal merge by putting the following in ~/.hgrc:

[ui]
merge = internal:merge

Try using 'hg diff' to determine what's going on - most likely you'll see that
lib/galaxy/config.py is missing upstream changes.

--nate