On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Paul Gordon <gord...@ucalgary.ca> wrote:
> +1.  This is especially useful for us, with hardware-accelerated
> algorithms having limits on input size.

I've got this working with FASTA files on our Galaxy at the moment,
and touch-wood it is behaving nicely. The code doesn't yet handle
splitting other input file formats, which would be required before
applying this to the trunk - but some feedback on if the Galaxy
team are keen on this direction or not would be appreciated:
https://bitbucket.org/peterjc/galaxy-central/changeset/aa98de8effd1

(I'll have to sort out the branches since this is now mixed up
with BLAST database work... but that is an aside).