On May 10, 2012, at 4:23 PM, CHEBBI Mohamed Amine wrote:

> Hi Galaxy team ;
> I'am trying to put  Galaxy into a production environment behind apache2 :
>
> I followed the tuto in http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Config/Apache%20Proxy
> for putting galaxy behind apache2 so I installed all the modules required
> (proxy-mod ; rewrite_mod etc ) and I configured the apache2.conf like above :
>
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteRule ^/static/style/(.*) /usr/local/appli/Galaxy/
> Galaxy_dist/static/june$
> RewriteRule ^/static/scripts/(.*)
> /usr/local/appli/Galaxy/Galaxy_dist/static/sc$
> RewriteRule ^/static/(.*) /usr/local/appli/Galaxy/Galaxy_dist/static/$1 [L]
> RewriteRule ^/favicon.ico
> /usr/local/appli/Galaxy/Galaxy_dist/static/favicon.ic$
> RewriteRule ^/robots.txt
> /usr/local/appli/Galaxy/Galaxy_dist/static/robots.txt$
> RewriteRule ^(.*) http://localhost:8080$1 [P]
>
> I modified  also the universe_wsgi.ini  galaxy file by setting: host =
> 0.0.0.0 to enable  Galaxy binding to any available network.
>
> After restarting apache, when t type http://xx.xxx.xx.xx:8080 it doesn't
> establish a connection.?

Hi,

If you access port 8080 directly, you'd be bypassing the Apache proxy and going
directly to Galaxy's built-in web server.  Also, if you didn't restart the
Galaxy process after setting host = 0.0.0.0, it would still only be listening
on localhost.

What happens if you go to http://<ip> without specifying a port number?

--nate