On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Jean-Christophe Ducom
<jcdu...@scripps.edu> wrote:
> All-
> Is there a way to change the upload default directory structure
> (/database/files) to organize files per user_id instead?
> something along the following lines
> ~galaxy-dist/database/files/postgresql_user_id0
> ~galaxy-dist/database/files/postgresql_user_id1
>
> Thank you
> JC

I can see that being useful for a quick way to look at per user
disk usage - although you'd have problems counting with
shared data. Is that your motivation?

Another concern would be overly long filenames, which has
a direct impact on the command line lengths used to call the
tools - there are OS limits on this.