It seems that this topic has been covered at least several times and I've found
this thread to be helpful:

http://user.list.galaxyproject.org/Speed-up-uploading-into-local-Galaxy-terribly-slow-tp4429327p4436053.html

However, as far as I understand, this will only allow the Admin to do the
upload from a local disk. Has anyone had success allowing a regular user to
upload from a local disk? This seems like a common issue, particularly with
large sequencing files. It would be great to be able to add this as the first
step in a workflow.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

-- Jason Greenbaum, Ph.D.
Manager, Bioinformatics Core | jgb...@liai.org
La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology