Hi there

Because my Galaxy workflows tend to sprawl outside the viewable space in
my browser, I've written a script that, when given a workflow JSON file
as input, writes out a graphviz dot format graph of the workflow. By
default the graph treats datasets as nodes and analyses as edges (unlike
the Galaxy workflow editor, but quite like the way the history is
presented), but you can choose to have analyses as nodes (and thus
datasets as edges) too.

In case anyone else finds this useful, the code can be downloaded from
my bitbucket:

https://bitbucket.org/pvanheus/galaxy/src/f29453f3d9d8/contrib/workflow_to_dot.py

Usage is something like:

./workflow_to_dot.py Galaxy-Workflow.ga  |dot -Tsvg >workflow.svg

and then you can view your workflow.svg with eog or another viewer.