I appreciate you taking the time to help! I'm almost positive it's a local
configuration issue, like you said, but without knowing how Galaxy generates or
parses its internal links (in the form of [Galaxy web address]/datasets/[16
character hash]/display/[filename] ) it's tough to know how to attack the
problem. I dug through some of the database tables in psql, but I couldn't find
much of interest there either.

hg tip result is: 7148:17d57db9a7c0 <-- that's the May 9th release

Thanks again for your help!

Dan