I have a somewhat unusual problem.  I have a local instance of Galaxy wherein
users are created automatically upon authentication (use_remote_user = True).
However, for a handful of users, their remote_user names have changed.  After
that change, a new Galaxy user and role were created, and they can't access
their old data.  Worse, they continued using the new account and so now have
two sets of (possibly) identical data.

Is there a simple way of migrating datasets, jobs, quotas, etc., from one user
to another?

I've figured out a way to make the necessary changes at the MySQL database
level.  However, there is one sticky problem.  None of the tables (aside from
role and galaxy_user) define the role_id or the user_id as unique, so I would
assume I can simply UPDATE the table to set the old role_id or user_id to the
new role_id or user_id.  Unfortunately, it appears that some of the tables are
in practice keeping the role_id or user_id as unique.  For example,
default_user_permissions or user_role_association.  Could a single user have
multiple default permissions or multiple roles?  What would happen if this were
the case?

In short, can anyone say which tables have practical unique role_id/user_id to
data associations?

Of course, I could just delete the old user and say too bad...

Thanks,
David Hoover
Helix Systems Staff, CIT/NIH