OK...I tried this and it no longer removes the entries from the history...Thanks!

I do see that each of the new histories I create still have a reference to some of the other files I pick up from the library (such as dbSNP) but those entries in the history have the number "None" in stead of the usual 1,2 3 etc. that each file in a history has....

I guess that is an artifact and it does not really bother me, although it makes it hard to run a tool again that uses one of those files later manually, but since that is not the point of running through the API it is fine for now, but it just looks scary...

Thon

On Jul 05, 2012, at 02:34 PM, Dannon Baker <dannonba...@me.com> wrote:

On Jul 5, 2012, at 5:33 PM, Thon Deboer wrote:
> data['no_add_to_history']="True" ?

Should do it.