Hello Lee,

One option would be to upload the files to Galaxy data libraries from which
users with permission can import them into their histories for analysis.  If
the files are local to the Galaxy server, you have the option to "upload from
file system paths" and not copy the data into Galaxy's file store.  See the
following wiki page for details.

http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Data%20Libraries/Uploading%20Library%20Files

For all the details about Galaxy data libraries, see:

http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Data%20Libraries

Greg Von Kuster