We have been experiencing this issue lately too since downgrading the
galaxy web processes from a machine with 128G of RAM to a VM with 4G.
There is a memory leak in the pbs stuff somewhere, it has been
mentioned on the list before, no one seems to have found the cause or
how to prevent it. It seems like the thing to do is monitor the memory
usage of that process and restart it if it reaches a certain
threshold. Someone has posted that they are doing this with monit
(mmonit.com/monit/), locally we are trying to setup a cron job with a
simple script that does the same thing.

-John