Hi Robert,

It's probably fine, although you lose the benefit of datatype sniffing.  The
binary detection is there to prevent abuse on our public site.  This error
should really only occur if there's a non-ASCII character in your bed file, so
you may want to check it programatically, e.g. (slowly):

>>> for lineno, line in enumerate(open('foo.txt')):
...     for charno, char in enumerate(line):
...         try:
...             assert ord(char) < 128
...         except:
...             print 'Non-ASCII character at line %i position %i: %s' %
(lineno, charno, char)

--nate