I found the guid for the tool and tried the usual method of configuring
galaxy to use it via drmaa.  With your example, it would be

toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/devteam/freebayes/freebayes/0.0.2 =
drmaa://-l nodes=1/

But this didn't have any effect.  It still ran on the localhost.  I guess
no one has tried this.

I haven't tried using the old_id.  Would that work?

I'd rather not run everything via drmaa, but if the toolshed tools can't
be configured, I might have to.

David