Dear devs,

Question about FTP upload: is it correct that Galaxy copies the data from the FTP upload directory to galaxy database instead of symlinking? Can I set somewhere the option to symlink instead of copying?

I run galaxy in a small virtual machine. The Galaxy database is on a network share. With 'get data' - 'Upload file', when importing the files I have uploaded with FTP, there is a process filling up the /tmp directory with the file I want to import.

Kind regards,
Joachim

--
Joachim Jacob, PhD

Rijvisschestraat 120, 9052 Zwijnaarde
Tel: +32 9 244.66.34
Bioinformatics Training and Services (BITS)
http://www.bits.vib.be
@bitsatvib