> From: Nate Coraor [mailto:n...@bx.psu.edu]
> On Aug 2, 2012, at 2:56 PM, Karger, Amir wrote:
>
> > We're upgrading to a late June Galaxy from a last-year Galaxy. We noticed
> > that the docs say you no longer need 2 different .ini files. Great!
> > Unfortunately, the multiprocess.sh in contrib/ still assumes you have
> > multiple .ini files.
> multiprocess.sh is out of date, so I've removed it from galaxy-central.
> run.sh
> can start and stop all of your processes now, as described at:
>
> http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Config/Performance/Web%20Application
> %20Scaling

Thanks. Of course, reading some other people's posts and the wiki, it looks
like it's not *required* to merge, just recommended. Which means our existing
system of running the different scripts on different hosts should continue to
work. We figure we can put off the merge thing for a bit.

Meanwhile, we're able to restart, and get happy log messages from the jobrunner
and two web "servers" (two servers running on different ports of a Tomcat
host). And I can do an upload, which runs locally. But when I try to do a
blast, which is supposed to submit to the cluster (and ran just fine on our old
install), it hangs and never starts. I would think the database is working OK,
since it shows me new history items when I upload and stuff. The web Galaxy log
shows that I went to the tool page, and then has a ton of loads to
root/history_item_updates, but nothing else. The job handler Galaxy log has
nothing since the PID messages when the server started up most recently.

A quick search of the archives didn't find anything obvious. (I don't have any
obvious words to search for.) Any thoughts about where I should start looking
to track this down?

Thanks,

-Amir