Hi Edward -

This may sound very simple, but did the "%" get included in the command to do the download by mistake? You'll want to remove that from the command string run again (was used to note the terminal prompt, is not a part of the command). So, just this:

prompt$  hg clone https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-dist/

I just tested the galaxy-dist repository and there are no issues at bitbucket (right now). So, otherwise the MAC install should be fine.

Maybe this helps?

Jen
Galaxy team