Hi John and Peter,

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Dan Tenenbaum <dtene...@fhcrc.org> wrote:
>> Hi John,
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 9:51 AM, John Patterson <jmpa...@g.uky.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Dan,
>>>
>>>     The easiest way to go about this, since you said that none of your
>>> filters are mutually exclusive, is to use the "select" datatype. I don't
>>> think you even need the conditional tags. Galaxy says that you need <when>
>>> tag sets when you use conditionals, but this is not true, as I have similar
>>> code as I have written below. Use type="select" in your parameter. This
>>> gives you a button that can have a multitude of options, but most of mine
>>> are simply used like booleans. Something like this:
>>
>> This is extremely helpful! Thanks.
>> I find the select box yes/no idiom a bit awkward. I'd prefer a
>> checkbox (just a single one, not one each for "yes" and "no") but
>> doing a select box is ok too, I can live with that.
>
> Using a boolean checkbox should work - although early on it
> wasn't possible thus many older tools use a select instead:
> https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/issue/393/cant-use-checkbox-boolean-with-conditional

I can do a checkbox like this:
<param name="cbtest" type="boolean" label="checkbox" help="some help"/>

But I want to have a checkbox that triggers some other params to
appear when it is checked (the way I have successfully done it with a
select). I haven't been able to figure that out.

If I do this:

    <conditional name="thirdConditional">
      <param name="param2" type="boolean" value="yes" label="Filter 3"
help="helpful tips" />
       <when value="yes">
         <param name="IntegerBox3" type="integer" value="1" min="0"
max="5" label="A parameter to filter 3" help="helpful text" />
       </when>
       <when value="no" />
    </conditional>

...nothing happens when I click the checkbox.

I also tried using a select with multiple="true" and
display="checkbox", but Galaxy doesn't like that because I provide
only one option ("yes").

If you could tell me how to cause params to appear/disappear by
checking a checkbox that would be great!
Thanks,
Dan