On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 5:36 PM, Carlos Borroto
<carlos.borr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not what I was hoping for.
>
> I usually link without copying into galaxy, so it won't help me. I
> also got excited because I thought there was the possibility of
> working with fastq files without having to keep unzipped datasets,
> that would safe a lot of space, even if processing gets slower.
>
> Hans, I might take a look at modifying Galaxy underlying code, but in
> general I'm not fun of keeping up with my own custom code.
>
> Thanks,
> Carlos

It isn't just you who'd like this:
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/issue/666/
http://lists.bx.psu.edu/pipermail/galaxy-dev/2012-May/009785.html

Given the demand on the public server and the need for user
disk quotas, I'd guess this has risen up the Galaxy team's
priority list... I hope so anyway.