aka Greg wrote:
> Thanks Assaf.
>
> Would anyone know about my question 1?  If I install a local version
> of Galaxy and connect it to our cluster, where is each user's
> (uploaded?) data stored?  How will the cluster jobs be able to access
> the data?

By default, all the data is under a single folder, belonging to the
galaxy Linux user account. We use /mnt/galaxy/galaxy-dist for
this. In order that the cluster jobs can access the data, they must
also be able to see this mount.

Galaxy does have support for staging files between file systems,
but the simpler approach of unified storage is recommended.
See http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Config/Performance/Cluster

> If anyone has installed galaxy and hooked it up to Sun Grid engine,
> I'd love to hear from you.

We're using Galaxy and SGE. You could run Galaxy on the SGE
head node, but in our setup the Galaxy machine is just an SGE
submit node (so it can submit jobs and check on them, i.e.
you can use qsub and qstat from our Galaxy server).

Peter

P.S. It is very confusing that your emails give your name
as "mailing list" rather than Greg.