If you install the blast_datatypes repository into your Galaxy instance using
the tool shed installation process everything necessary is handled for you
automatically, but I understand you are not yet installing from the tool shed.

If you are not installing, you'll have to manually download the repository
contents from the tool shed using the "Repository Actions" pop-up menu and
place the contained xml.py file in the appropriate location so it can be loaded
when you start your Galaxy server.  You'll then need to manually add the
datatype entries in your datatypes_conf.xml file as they used to be.

Greg