When running Galaxy/Cloudman on Amazon (on Ubuntu 12.04), I run into the
- I start a job with <parallelism> in the tool.xml file.
- Since I have use_tasked_jobs=True in universe_wsgi.ini, the job is
split and divided over the instances on EC2
- I change my mind, and click on the delete button in the Galaxy UI.
This removes the job from the UI.
- I log in to an instance running my job, and see that it is still
running (both its wrapper and the tool program). It keeps running,
keeping my instances busy.
- When tasks of this job finish (I assume), it is reported to galaxy,
and my logfile says things like:
galaxy.jobs DEBUG 2012-08-29 12:42:08,239 task 319 for job 25 ended
galaxy.jobs DEBUG 2012-08-29 12:42:08,265 The tool did not define exit
code or stdio handling; checking stderr for success
galaxy.jobs DEBUG 2012-08-29 12:42:08,282 task 319 ended
So I wonder if the default behaviour when deleting jobs in the UI is
that they keep running but hidden, or is there something wrong in my
config? Is there a way to change this with a setting?
Please keep all replies on the list by using "reply all"
in your mail client. To manage your subscriptions to this
and other Galaxy lists, please use the interface at: