Hi Folks

Our current galaxy version is pretty old (git updates are causing problems), and we are running very low on space in our filesystem which hosts /xxx/galaxy/database/files.

I need to start with a clean galaxy install (possibly on a new server) on a new file system (a large Lustre volume, which is also mounted on our cluster).

I do need to migrate the shared data libs, histories, workflows, etc. from the old Galaxy installation.

Most of the shared data lib stuff is symlinks, which will require a change to the root path.

Would it possibly be feasible to use a schema-updated copy of our current database for the new install, and do a search-and-replace procedure on the file paths in the database to deal with the new root path for the files? Anyone know which tables are involved?

Any tips and advice regarding a migration of Galaxy would be really appreciated.

Best regards!

Fourie

--
Prof Fourie Joubert