Hi Paul,

Since you are using one config file/one database, you just need to manually
restart the job runner after installing tools (assuming your servers are
configured correctly).

The old way of having two config files, one for the web front ends and one for
the SINGLE job runner is no longer supported - now you have one config file.
If you want to have one web process and one job "runner" you just configure one
process as a "Web Server" and one as both the "Job Manager" and "Job Handler"
as explained in the documentation here:

http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Config/Performance/Web%20Application%20Scaling

This system level stuff is out of my area of expertise, so others may need to
chime in if you're still having issues.

Greg Von Kuster