Hi,

I notice that a <param> with type "select" renders differently
depending on how many <option>s there
are. If there are < 20 options, it appears as a normal select box. If
there are >= 20 options, it looks like a text box (but it has
autocompletion and does have a dropdown menu), and Inspect Element in
Chrome reveals that it in fact is an <input type="text"> with the
classes "text-and-autocomplete-select ac_input".

Is this deliberate? If so, can the behavior be turned off?

I suppose that there is no functional impact, but it looks sort of odd
and jarring to have several select boxes one of which happens to look
different just because of the number of options it has.

Example:

    <param name="distance" type="select" help="" label="Distance
Method" force_select="FALSE">
      <option value="None">1</option>
    </param>

...renders as a normal select box.

    <param name="distance" type="select" help="" label="Distance
Method" force_select="FALSE">
      <option value="None">1</option>
      <option value="None">2</option>
      <option value="None">3</option>
      <option value="None">4</option>
      <option value="None">5</option>
      <option value="None">6</option>
      <option value="None">7</option>
      <option value="None">8</option>
      <option value="None">9</option>
      <option value="None">10</option>
      <option value="None">11</option>
      <option value="None">12</option>
      <option value="None">13</option>
      <option value="None">14</option>
      <option value="None">15</option>
      <option value="None">16</option>
      <option value="None">17</option>
      <option value="None">18</option>
      <option value="None">19</option>
      <option value="None">20</option>
    </param>

...renders as a text box with autocomplete.

Thanks,
Dan