On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Makis Ladoukakis
<makis4e...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am building a new tool for Galaxy and I would like for it to have an
> option for the user to choose his file for input or to use a pre-installed
> file on the server (in a specific path not defined by the user). Can anyone
> tell me which is the right parameter type to use in the configuration file?
>
> Thank  you in advance,
> Makis Ladoukakis

The *.loc file mechanism might be a good choice. The BLAST+
wrapper do this to offer you a choice of your own database file
from the history, or a system provided database like NR. The
associated *.loc file is a simple tabular file of available BLAST
databases, and must be filled in by the local Galaxy administrator.