On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Makis Ladoukakis
<makis4e...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Peter,
>
> Thank you for your help. I have used the blastp.loc file and renamed it and
> altered it in order to keep the same format as in the previous tool. Also I
> used the same ordering from blastp tool (i.e. 0=value 1=name 2=path).
> Nevertheless when I run my tool I get the error:
>
> Error: Failed to open txt file test_17_Sep_2012 for reading.
>
> I have used chmod 777 for my file but the issue still persists. Can you help
> me please? What could be the problem.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Makis Ladoukakis

It would probably help to see your tool's XML file. Are you using
a public source code repository during development?

If you are manually installing the tool (which is how I work when
developing a new tool), the *.loc files need to go in the folder
galaxy/tool-data - but this is probably a bit different via a ToolShed
installation.

Also note that (currently) you must restart Galaxy in order for
any changes to the *.loc files to take effect:
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/issue/538/