Hi,

General:
Is there a quantifiable difference in data uploads, speed of processing,
general availability after the connection was/is established to Pittsburgh?

Specific:
If we loaded data to a common directory on an XSEDE resource, would our
students be able to fetch this data in a more timely manner to their galaxy
accounts then from desktops etc... For us it would be easy to populate a common
directory once then our users could fetch/wget etc... from there, or if
possible could such directory be directly visible to our set of galaxy users?
(this is what we do locally) - but one would need admin priv for that on the
main instance.

Or would you just do this with one galaxy user sharing out the files for the
rest of a group working together?

thanks.
joe