I am not sure if this is the cause, but if you have changed a workflow step's
input, often the workflow becomes un-editable and GALAXY can even hang...

So if you changed a step in your workflow that was an input (parameter changes
are fine), set it back to what it was and you should be able to edit the
workflow again...

If you still want to change the workflow step, remove the step from this
workflow before you edit it and add it back later...

Regards,

Thon de Boer, Ph.D.
Bioinformatics Guru
+1-650-799-6839