I use start-stop-daemon that sends SIGTERM (which is a default signal sent to a
service that is being asked to stop) to Galaxy to let Galaxy store all
information in a database, close files, etc., and terminate itself. When Galaxy
process is terminated, both shell and python scripts (Galaxy tools) are still
running.

Effects of using SIGKILL/SIGSTOP are not predictable. I do not want to risk
that Galaxy does not insert entries to the database that should be inserted to
start Galaxy correctly again, or does not flush buffers to write all data to
files and close the files correctly.

Thanks,
Lukasz