On Sep 11, 2012, at 5:01 AM, Joachim Jacob wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wonder if somebody with experience could enlighten me on these issues
> regarding authentication of users.
>
> - is it possible to have LDAP integration simultaneously with local Galaxy
> users. What I want to reach is when LDAP integration is working, that I can
> still add users through the Galaxy admin interface (users that are not
> present in the LDAP).

Hi Joachim,

If you run two separate web frontends on the same database it should be
possible.  They'd have the same config except that one would have
use_remote_user = True and one wouldn't.  I haven't tested this so there might
be complications.

> - is there a way to transfer all histories, workflows and visualisation to
> another user? For example, an existing user receives a new email and
> password, and want to transfer all his/her stuff to this new account. Can
> this be done? I was thinking about when a user gets transferred to the LDAP,
> he/she would be able to transfer all data from the old account to the new
> account.

The easiest way would be to just change the user's email address in the
database.

--nate