I also use a logrotate script: '/etc/logrotate.d/galaxy'

/path/to/galaxy/install/*.log {
     weekly
     rotate 52
     copytruncate
}

The 'compress' options seems like it might be nice, and I'm not sure of the effect of size 1. I don't think the 'create 640 galaxy-user galaxy-group' has an effect when the copytruncate option is used. For the same reason, I don't think the missingok option is needed either.

This might be a nice thing to add to the wiki at: "http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Config/Performance/Production%20Server";.

Lance