Hi Nate,
That select statement does not return anything :(

Thanks,
Liisa

From:   Nate Coraor <n...@bx.psu.edu>
To:     Liisa Koski <liisa.ko...@basf.com>
Cc:     galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu
Date:   01/10/2012 01:01 PM
Subject:        Re: [galaxy-dev] Error when running cleanup_datasets.py

On Sep 24, 2012, at 10:41 AM, Liisa Koski wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to run the cleanup scripts on my local installation but get
stuck when trying to run the following:

> ./scripts/cleanup_datasets/cleanup_datasets.py universe_wsgi.ini -d 10
-5 -r

> Deleting library dataset id  7225
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./scripts/cleanup_datasets/cleanup_datasets.py", line 524, in
<module>
>     if __name__ == "__main__": main()
>   File "./scripts/cleanup_datasets/cleanup_datasets.py", line 124, in
main
>     purge_folders( app, cutoff_time, options.remove_from_disk, info_only
= options.info_only, force_retry = options.force_retry )
>   File "./scripts/cleanup_datasets/cleanup_datasets.py", line 247, in
purge_folders
>     _purge_folder( folder, app, remove_from_disk, info_only = info_only
)
>   File "./scripts/cleanup_datasets/cleanup_datasets.py", line 497, in
_purge_folder
>     _purge_folder( sub_folder, app, remove_from_disk, info_only =
info_only )
>   File "./scripts/cleanup_datasets/cleanup_datasets.py", line 497, in
_purge_folder
>     _purge_folder( sub_folder, app, remove_from_disk, info_only =
info_only )
>   File "./scripts/cleanup_datasets/cleanup_datasets.py", line 495, in
_purge_folder
>     _purge_dataset_instance( ldda, app, remove_from_disk, info_only =
info_only ) #mark a DatasetInstance as deleted, clear associated files,
and mark the Dataset as deleted if it is deletable
>   File "./scripts/cleanup_datasets/cleanup_datasets.py", line 376, in
_purge_dataset_instance
>     ( dataset_instance.__class__.__name__, dataset_instance.id,
dataset_instance.dataset.id )
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'id'

Hi Liisa,

It'd appear that you have a library_dataset_dataset_association in your
dataset that lacks an associated dataset.  Does 'select id from
library_dataset_dataset_association where dataset_id is null' in your
database return anything?

--nate