Hello Lizex,

Are you still having problems? If so, please see below:

On 10/2/12 12:34 AM, Lizex Husselmann wrote:
Hi all
I downloaded galaxy om my Mac OS 10.6.8 and have followed the following
steps:

     • Install Mercurial http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/
     • Open Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app
     • Confirm Mercurial installation by pasting in "hg version", no
quotes and hit return
             response = version 2.3+20120807
     • Check Python version by pasting in "python -V", no quotes and hit
return
             response = Python 2.7.1
     • Go to your home directory by pasting in "cd", no quotes and hit
return
     • Get Galaxy by pasting in "hg clone
http://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-dist/";, no quotes and hit return
     • Go to the Galaxy directory by pasting in "cd galaxy-dist", no
quotes and hit return
     • Start up Galaxy by pasting in "sh run.sh", no quotes and hit
return
     • Open web browser and paste in “http://localhost:8080”, no quotes
and hit return

I started galaxy by pasting sh run.sh and it fetched everything and
updated whats needed.

I wonder if the process is actually running or if you need to do an update to incorporate changes first, then run. There is also a newer version of Mercurial (2.3.3) available, but if you are not writing tools for the Tool Shed, this should not be a factor right now.

So first, double check that Galaxy is not running, then check to make sure updates are applied, then restart. The "$" in the command strings below represent the terminal prompt, they are not part of what you type.

1. Stop galaxy. With the terminal open to the process running Galaxy (or that you think is still running Galaxy) and use the two keys "Ctrl-c" together from your keyboard.

2. Change back the universe_wsgi.ini file to the default.

3. Still inside the galaxy-dist directory, type this to apply any changes:

  $ hg update

4. Now start up the Galaxy server:

  $ sh run.sh

Please give this a try and let us know how it goes. I am going to move your question over to the galaxy-...@bx.psu.edu mailing list for better visibility to the development community. This is where you will want to post future questions about your local instance (and consider joining). To keep it updated, following the the News Briefs would be advised.
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Mailing%20Lists
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/DevNewsBriefs

Jen
Galaxy team

Upon pasting http://localhost:8080 in my browser
GoogleChrome and Safari respectively, it didn't work. I even changed the
host setting in the universe_wsgi.ini to 0.0.0.0 and still didn't open.
Any suggestions?

Kind regards

Lizex Husselmann

This message is confidential and may be covered by legal professional
privilege. It must not be read, copied, disclosed or used in any other
manner by any person other than the addressee(s). Unauthorised use,
disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. The
views expressed in this email are those of the sender, unless otherwise
stated. If you have received this email in error, please contact ARC
Service Desk immediately. (mailto:serviced...@arc.agric.za)

To report incidents of fraud and / or corruption in the ARC use our
Ethics Hotline by:

Phone number  : 0800 000 604
Fax number      : 0800 00 7788
Email address   : a...@tip-offs.com
  Please Call me  : 32840
  Website: www.tip-offs.com

For more information on the ARC Ethics Hotline, please visit our website
at www.arc.agric.za.

please use the interface at:

Jennifer Jackson
http://galaxyproject.org