Hi Peter,

On 5/10/2012, at 8:43 PM, Peter Cock wrote:

> On Thursday, October 4, 2012, Shane Sturrock wrote:
>
> There are two tabs between the 2010 and /data
>
> Sigh. I've been using emacs to edit these files on our server, and
> it doesn't show non-printing characters like tabs in a visible way
> (at least, not with the default settings - any tips?). Note I'm not

I'm a 'vi' man myself.  It doesn't show tabs in a visible way either but I can
see where they are when I move along the line.

> using xemacs, just the terminal based one. And typing a raw
> tab involves a tedious control sequence... there probably is an
> easier way, but I don't edit these loc files very often.

Just hit 'Tab' in vi.

> (Note that user defined BLAST databases are coming soon
> to the BLAST+ wrappers, delayed by a hardware problem
> on our local system meaning I haven't finished testing it)
>

> Like an idiot I just copied one of those lines and changed it to
> match my local database setup and then spent literally hours
> trying to figure out why blast from the command line worked
> fine, but I couldn't get it to work with Galaxy.
>
> Sorry about that - but by reporting this and getting it fixed you've
> hopefully saved anyone else suffering this way.

Thanks again, took me a couple of hours to figure it out so it would be good to
save someone else that time.

> I'm at a meeting all day so I probably won't be able to update
> this till next week.

Glad you're on it anyway.

Shane

Shane Sturrock