On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Shane Sturrock <sh...@biomatters.com> wrote:
> using xemacs, just the terminal based one. And typing a raw
> tab involves a tedious control sequence... there probably is an
> easier way, but I don't edit these loc files very often.
>

> Just hit 'Tab' in vi.

Somehow I don't think this will be enough to make someone switch from
emacs to vi, ;-). Also at least in my case I have "set tabstop=4" and
"set expandtab" in my "~/.vimrc", as I also use vim for coding and
most people hate tabs in code. So every time I edit a Galaxy's .loc
file I have to remember to first do ":set noexpandtab". As you can
imagine I also have been bitten several time by a wrong formatting in
my .loc files. I wish Galaxy would change to a different separator or
at least make it configurable.

Regards,
Carlos