How does Galaxy determine that a job has failed?  Does it simply see if the
STDERR is empty?  What happens if an application normally outputs to STDERR?

This is a problem for our local installation, as I have enabled it to run as
the local user on the backend cluster.  If a user has an error in the .bashrc
file, it will automatically write to STDERR, and all jobs, no matter what, are
labelled as failing.

David Hoover
Helix Systems Staff