It appears the my interval file is too big, and actually in the wrong format: I think it would be better in wig (or other) format since I have only one bp intervals.

Anyway, I have pasted the first 500 000 lines of the output of a liftover file (which is in interval format).
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18352887/Galaxy48-%5BSelect_first_on_data_23%5D.interval

As you can see, every interval is only one bp long...

Thanks
Joachim