Hello,

I cannot seem to find the details on how jobs are managed when Galaxy
is run on a standalone server. Are jobs managed in a queue of some
sort? Does Galaxy determine resources available in some way and
moderate jobs that are run?

As a specific example, we have a 40 core machine with 1TB of memory.
If 10 users each submit 10 jobs each, say for a bowtie job that has
been set to use 8 cores, will Galaxy sort this all out and only run
jobs to fill the 40 cores? Are there settings to control this behavior
without installing an external job manager like SGE?

Thanks,
Jim