On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Anthonius deBoer <thondeb...@me.com> wrote:
> and if you use something like ...
>
> I do this for all the tools in galaxy (bit of a pain, but worth it) so they
> produce more intelligent names than "12: X on data 10" etc.
>
> Thon

These kind of tricks are quite handy, but in general I'd like
Galaxy to make the ancestry of each dataset more visible
(I would say "history" but Galaxy already uses that for the
collection of current datasets), both in the peek view, but
also perhaps a detail view reusing some of the graph layout
code used in workflows?

i.e. This isn't something each tool author should be doing,
but something general that should be in Galaxy itself.