Hi Jim

If using a standalone server, Galaxy is using its own queuing system, which you can modify by changing (in universe_wsgi.ini):

local_job_queue_workers
user_job_limit

but the system is not aware of the memory size and number of cores. In your "specific example", running out of memory is probably the bigger issue.....

Hope this helps,
Hans-Rudolf