On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 5:58 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm aware that in an individual tool's XML wrapper you can add
>> hidden="true" to the <tool> element to hide the tool from the
>> listing shown in Galaxy's left hand panel (but the tool is still
>> loaded and can be called by old workflows etc).
>>
>> Can this be done via the tool_conf.xml file as well? This would
>> seem useful from a system configuration point of view where
>> it seems wrong to edit the tool wrappers themselves.
>>
>> In fact, it might also be nice to add hidden="true" support to
>> <section> as well as <tool> in tool_conf.xml - although I'm not
>> so sure how useful that would be.
>>
>> Peter
>>

> I've filed an enhancement request for this:
> https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/issue/481/
>
> Peter

Here's the new link to issue 481 ported from bitbucket to trello,
https://trello.com/card/481-hiding-a-tool-via-tool-conf-xml/50686d0302dfa79d13d90c45/112

Given things have changed quite a bit with tool_conf.xml now
being combined with tools installed via the ToolShed, does this
suggestion still make sense? I'd still find it useful sometimes.

Regards,