Galaxy Cloudman does not support Stop/Start through the AWS interface, this is
known to cause problems and should be avoided.  The persistence design allows
for complete termination and restart -- the issue with your startup zone can be
worked around currently by launching through the AWS console (following the
instructions at usegalaxy.org/cloud) instead of cloudlaunch.  That said, I'm
currently updating cloudlaunch to support zone detection and launch, to avoid
any issues with that moving forward, but this won't be available on main until
monday, most likely.

That out of the way, the issue you're experiencing right now is likely caused
by an error with cm_boot.py causing duplicated nginx max_client_body_size
directives.

This problem has been fixed on the back end and won't happen with any new
clusters going forward, but for existing clusters experiencing the problem you
can probably fix it in in a few short steps:

ssh in to the instance
edit /opt/galaxy/pkg/nginx/conf/nginx.conf, removing any redundant
max_client_body_size directives.  There should be exactly one in the file.
download a copy of the newest https://s3.amazonaws.com/cloudman/cm_boot.py
(save it to your desktop or something)
In the AWS console, go to S3 and find your cluster's bucket (it'll have a file
called <your cluster name>.clusterName, for easy identification.  Now upload
the new cm_boot.py you just saved, replacing the one currently in the bucket.

Once the modified file is in your bucket, simply restart the instance via the
AWS console and everything *should* come up fine.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

-Dannon