From: yj...@hotmail.com
To: galaxy-...@bx.psu.edu
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 23:47:54 +0000
Subject: [galaxy-dev] Cannot run Galaxy : socket.gaierror: [Errno -2] Name or
service not known

Hello all,
I'm trying to install Galaxy in a production server using CentOS 6.3, with
python 2.6.6 (default CentOS) and PostgreSQL 9.2. I've followed instructions in
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Events/GCC2012/TrainingDay/WS5
After typing

galaxy@myhost$ sh run.sh --reload

the script produces the following output, resulting in a Python exception. Do
you have any solution or hint for solving this issue? Maybe a service is
missing?

/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/eggs/pysam-0.4.2_kanwei_b10f6e722e9a-py2.6-linux-x86_64-ucs4.egg/pysam/__init__.py:1:
 RuntimeWarning: __builtin__.file size changed, may indicate binary
incompatibility
  from csamtools import *
  File "/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/eggs/Paste-1.6-py2.6.egg/paste/httpserver.py",
line 328, in __init__
    HTTPServer.__init__(self, server_address, RequestHandlerClass)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/SocketServer.py", line 402, in __init__
    self.server_bind()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/BaseHTTPServer.py", line 108, in server_bind
    SocketServer.TCPServer.server_bind(self)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/SocketServer.py", line 413, in server_bind
    self.socket.bind(self.server_address)
  File "<string>", line 1, in bind
socket.gaierror: [Errno -2] Name or service not known