On 11/5/12 3:16 PM, "Nate Coraor" <n...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:

>Hi Amit,
>
>I'm not understanding the original process that results in the problem.
>You're attempting to upload a file (as an import from an FTP dir), but
>that file never appears in your current history, or any of your saved
>histories?
>
>--nate

Let's ignore the FTP thing for now, as it adds unnecessary complication.

Even using the regular upload tool (browse to a file and upload through
HTTP), as soon as you do the upload, the system creates a new history. If
you go to User->Saved Histories, you can see new unnamed histories that
have been created "less than 1 minute ago". You can also see the saved
history that has the uploaded files, but if you try to switch to that
saved history, it gives you another new unnamed history. So you can never
use the files you've uploaded.

What we discovered in our troubleshooting is that get_history is failing
to find the old history, so it keeps creating new ones.

-Amir