On Nov 9, 2012, at 9:24 AM, greg wrote:

> I see this setting in the universe_wsgi.ini file:
>
> # Temporary files are stored in this directory.
> new_file_path = /scratch/galaxy
>
> Is this only used by the web server or will job runners pick up this
> setting and use it for temp files?
>

> I'm also wondering:
>
> 1. What sort of files go here?
> 2. How much space does it need?

Hi Greg,

I've moved this over to the galaxy-dev list since it concerns a local
installation.

Jobs will use this directory if passed the value of $__new_file_path__ on the
command line.  It's up to the tool to decide whether to use this and how it
will be used.  How much space it needs will depend entirely on what tools you
use and what inputs and parameters you use with those tools.

--nate