Van: Hans-Rudolf Hotz [mailto:h...@fmi.ch]
Verzonden: dinsdag 13 november 2012 14:16
Aan: Bossers, Alex
CC: galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu
Onderwerp: Re: [galaxy-dev] Errors in creating galaxy DB in MySQL for fresh
galaxy-dist

Hi Alex

> As posted earlier there were problems with our instance of which some are
> sorted but one did not. The change attribute failure...
> Since the instance was empty anyway we decided to do a fresh pull and start
> all clean (also a clean MySQL db).
>
> It all works ok on SQLlight and when adjusting the universe_wsgi.ini file to
> use MySQL it makes a DB...however there are some errors/warnings! Can these
> be ignored?

eak! a lot of text and difficult to find the errors/warnings you mentioned -
sorry I am too lazy to grep your e-mail txt  ;)

I just spotted two errors I encountered my-self during the last update:

> 0106_add_missing_indexes ERROR 2012-11-13 12:53:10,590 Unable to
> create index 'ix_form_definition_layout': (OperationalError) (1170,
> "BLOB/TEXT column 'layout' used in key specification without a key
> length") 'CREATE INDEX ix_form_definition_layout ON form_definition
> (layout)' () 0106_add_missing_indexes ERROR 2012-11-13 12:53:10,778
> Unable to create index 'ix_request_notification': (OperationalError)
> (1170, "BLOB/TEXT column 'notification' used in key specification
> without a key length") 'CREATE INDEX ix_request_notification ON
> request (notification)' ()

I fixed that by manually executing

'CREATE INDEX ix_form_definition_layout ON form_definition (layout(100))'

and

'CREATE INDEX ix_request_notification ON request (notification(100))'

this is probably due to the upgrade script not taking into account the small
(but sometimes annoying) differences between the MySQL and the PostgreSQL  SQL
dialect.

Hope this helps
Hans-Rudolf

PS: Just out of curiosity
      Why don't you use PostgreSQL, since you start with a new (ie
      empty) installation?